What is sublimation?
Sublimation is about special colors (inks) which can be transferred to different surfaces by means of heat.
Which surfaces can be refined?
A big advantage of sublimation is that you are extremely flexible! Regardless of whether textiles or smooth surfaces, this process only requires the condition that your item is made of a polyester-coated material (at least 80% polyester).
- Space-saving & flexible: You don’t need a new film for each color (e.g. iron-on film) and can spontaneously implement new designs & patterns
- Transfer of photos is super easy
- More comfortable to wear textiles
- Color gradients and multi-colored motifs in one step
- Scratch-resistant motifs
- Freehand your own motifs Draw with sublimation pens – and transfer them later
Polyester-coated surfaces (at least 80% polyester content) are available in a variety of different shapes and materials.
- Pillow cases (also with sequins)
- Shirts & other clothing
- Coasters and much more!
This is required
- A transfer press / possibly also a mug press
- Your design
- A sublimation printer with sublimation ink and printer paper to refine
- Your textile / surface (polyester-coated material with at least 80% polyester content)
- Heat-resistant adhesive tape
First, print out your design with a sublimation printer and ink on suitable paper.
Make sure that fonts have to be mirrored before printing.
Put your design on your your surface. Please attach cups or similar with heat-resistant adhesive tape.
Now your design can be transferred using heat. Use a heat press for textiles or a mug press for cups for optimal transfer.
Verwenden Sie die vom Hersteller empfohlene Temperatur & Presszeit.
Attention, your object and the sublimation paper are still hot. Wait until these have cooled down before removing / inspecting them.
You can also use heat-resistant gloves.
Now your surface has been refined with the new motif! It works that simple! We wish you a lot of fun and great creative ideas!